No matter what age you are, there is always a desire to have younger looking skin. It seems regardless of how old you are, there are constant, slow changes that we would all like to reverse.
Taking good care of your skin on a regular, even daily, basis will help slow down the aging effects. Plus, there are a lot a external agents that affect the quality of your skin you can also control. This includes things like stress, diet, cold, wind, etc.
One of the best things you can do is to deep clean your face from time to time. Not only will this benefit your skin, you can also make it a bit of self pampering time too.
The good news is, you can do this at home without spending money or time on an expensive spa or salon. Also, it means you can pamper yourself whenever you have the time and inclination.
I love carving out a bit of ‘me’ time and trying different DIY beauty recipes. They are easy to do, don’t need special equipment and I really like knowing exactly what I’m putting onto my body/face/skin/hair.
Here I’d like to share a green clay mask recipe that I use regularly. It uses only natural ingredients that are readily available. Best suited to normal/oily skin, it works to detox and cleanse the skin at a deep level.
So make some up, apply it to your face, lie back and relax 🙂
Green Clay Mask Recipe
Ingredients You Will Need:Green clay – has detoxifying properties due to its unique mineral composition. It helps regain oil balance, remove dead skin cells, rejuvenate and smooth the skin. (Buy here)Raw honey – gives skin a thorough clean. It also soothes and has an antibacterial role – great for blemish and acne prone skin. Honey can help prevent premature wrinkles and restore the skin’s brilliance. Make sure it is raw and unpasteurized. Honey that has been treated will not have the same beneficial properties. (Buy here).
1 teaspoon green clay powder
½ teaspoon herb powder (chamomile and/or calendula)
1 teaspoon raw honey (use only local, unpasteurized honey, for getting all the benefits)
1 teaspoon water (or more if needed)
2 drops Lavender essential oil
- Mix together the clay and herbal powders in a small bowl.
2. Add the honey and mix into the powders to form a thick paste.
3. Add the warm water and stir well. If needed, add more warm water to get the right consistency for spreading the mixture onto your face and neck.
4. Lastly, add the lavender oil and stir in well. It should look a bit like this…
5. Now you’re ready to apply it. Spread the mixture over your face and neck with gentle, circular moves. Avoid the eye area.
6. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes or until it dries out.
7. Soak a towel in hot water – better to use a dark towel so it won’t stain. The hot water provides steam to help you easily remove the mask, without having to rub the skin too hard.
8. Finally, wipe your face with a cotton pad to remove all the last traces of the mask and water.
Enjoy your clean and smooth skin!